The Grow With Guidance® Foundation
The Grow With Guidance® System is a system that really works. It includes The Grow With Guidance® System Manual and System Levels Primary through High School. Each Level System contains all System components needed to implement the comprehensive, performance-based, Grow With Guidance® System. The System’s components are tested and proven for students at the developmental level of 4 to 18 years of age. Components are: Behavior Management, Self-Talk/Self-Pictures, Staff Implementation Skills, Family Involvement, and Curriculum.
The Grow With Guidance® System presents a systematic and realistic approach for laying the foundation for such important concepts as:
- Developmental Guidance – The perfect package to save you years of time for developing a guidance system and counseling program that really works.
- School-To-Career – The System creates the foundation needed for School-To-Career and life-long learning. The classroom and school is the “life lab” for student experiences needed for life success. Students develop strong self-identities, an awareness of others, an ability to control self, an ability to make helpful decisions and solve problems, the skills needed to function in a group, and the skills needed to be effective learners. These skills are the foundation for life-long learners and productive workers. The Grow With Guidance® System also includes a Curriculum Career Strand in each Level.
- Drug Free Schools, Safe Schools, Bullying Prevention, and Other Self-Destructive Concerns – Prevent drug abuse, violence and other self-destructive problems. The integrated, comprehensive Systems approach is the most realistic plan for successfully breaking the cycle of self-destructive behaviors. Behaviors such as all forms of chemical abuse, teen pregnancy, child violence, bullying, and child suicide are complex. The components of The Grow With Guidance® System include those basic, core skills and systems needed to address all self-destructive behaviors. Specific enrichment information about each behavior can be added to this foundation when necessary.The wonderful thing about The Grow With Guidance® System is that you are developing the skills needed for breaking the cycle of self-destructive behaviors, while simultaneously you are developing the skills needed to maximize human potential.
- Students-At-Risk -The Grow With Guidance® System provides the environment and skills needed for students-at-risk to succeed.
- Social Skills, Conflict Resolution and Character Education – The comprehensive Systems approach addresses the development of social skills throughout the scope and sequence of the system spiral. Various components of the System are the base for healthy social skill growth. This system responds to needs as they arise as well as assisting students in developing friendship skills such as sharing, cooperation, mutual respect, assertive versus aggressive behavior, communication skills and manners. A plan is outlined in each System for social skill development.
- Invitational Education – This system gives you the plan and process to create an inviting school environment. The Invitational Teaching Survey (ITS) is included in the System Manual. Note: For information about the International Alliance for Invitational Education, Click Here
- Emotional Intelligence – The Grow With Guidance® System provides the curriculum and experiences for developing EQ while supporting academic growth.
- Academic Progress and Success – The System creates the foundation needed for academic achievement, progress, and success. All system components contribute to the academic growth and experience of students. The Academic Essential Learning Curriculum Strand providess skill experiences that make a difference as students develop. Students work collaboratively, cooperatively, independently, and responsibly in the classroom “life lab” as engaged learners who understand how they learn and ways to apply what they learn.
- Response to Intervention – The Grow With Guidance System provides the foundation needed for Response to Intervention. All system components contribute to the Personal, Emotional, Behavioral, Social (PEBS) and Academic growth and experience of students. Students work collaboratively, cooperatively, independently, and responsibly in the classroom “life lab” as engaged learners who understand how they learn and ways to apply what they learn. The classroom and school is the “life lab” for student experiences needed for life success.