Standards & Benchmarks Reference Chart
Standards & Benchmarks Reference Chart
Similarities and Differences Between Educational Systems
Components of ASCA Program Model
||ASCA Mindsets and Behaviors for Student Success (ASCA, 2019)
||Grow with Guidance System©Benchmarks and Indicators
|Personal Emotional Behavioral Social (PEBS) SELF
- M 1. Belief in development of whole self, including a healthy balance of mental, social/emotional, and physical well-being (PEBS)
- M 2. Self-confidence in ability to succeed (PEBS)
- M 3. Sense of belonging in the school environment (PEBS)
- B-LS 2. Demonstrate creativity (PEBS -Self)
- B-SS 4. Demonstrate empathy (PEBS-S)
- B-SS 8. Demonstrate advocacy skills and ability to assert self, when necessary (PEBS-S)
- B-SMS 10. Demonstrate ability to manage transitions and ability to adapt to changing situations and responsibilities (PEBS-S/DM)
|Self-Indicators -Students will:
- A.1. identify and express characteristics that are special and unique about themselves
- A.2. define and describe feelings related to a personal experience
- A.3. describe conscious activities in relation to their personal feelings
- A.4. identify personal needs and means to meet those needs
- A.5. accept self and demonstrate a positive attitude toward self
- A.6. demonstrate motivation towards all areas of growth
- ST/SP A.1. express and write helpful statements about self
- ST/SP A.2. encourage self through helpful thoughts and evaluate their personal self-talk process-ST/SP
- A.3. develop helpful visions of potential development-ST/SP
- A.4. develop an action plan with a timeline to assist them in reaching-their vision and potential development-ST/SP
- A.5. encourage each other with helpful statements-ST/SP
- A.6. develop and apply relaxation strategies ST/SP = Self Talk/Self Pictures
- B-SS 2. Create positive and supportive relationships with other students (PEBS-OA)
- B-SS 3. Create relationships with adults that support success (PEBS-OA)
|Other Awareness Indicators -Students will:
- B.1. define and describe feelings in others related to specific experiences
- B.2. recognize the needs of others and respond in a positive manner in awareness of others
- B.3. appreciate the uniqueness and differences of people
- B.4. demonstrate an awareness of the effects of their behavior on others
- B-SMS 1. Demonstrate ability to assume responsibility (PEBS –SC)
- B-SMS 2. Demonstrate self-discipline and self-control (PEBS-SC)
- B-SMS 7. Demonstrate effective coping skills when faced with a problem (PEBS –SC)
- B-SS 9. Demonstrate social maturity and behaviors appropriate to the situation and environment (PEBS-SC)
|Self-Control Indicators-Students will:
- C.1. recognize and express limitations and needs,
- C.2. display behavior appropriate to the social setting,
- C.3. set and remain within behavioral limits and established values
- B-SMS 3.Demonstrate ability to work independently (PEBS –DM)
- B-SMS 4. Demonstrate ability to delay immediate gratification for long term rewards (PEBS –DM)
- B-SMS 5. Demonstrate perseverance to achieve long-and short-term goals (PEBS-DM)
- B-SMS 8. Demonstrate the ability to balance school, home, and community activities (PEBS –DM)
- B-SMS 9. Demonstrate personal safety skills (PEBS-DM)
- B-SS 5. Demonstrate ethical decision making and social responsibility (PEBS-DM)
- B-LS 1. Demonstrate critical-thinking skills tomake informed decisions (PEBS -DM)
- B-LS 5. Apply media and technology skills (Academic)
- B-LS 6. Set high standards of quality (PEBS -DM)
- B-LS 7. Identify long-and short-term academic, career and social/ emotional goals (PEBS -DM)
- B-LS 9. Gather evidence and consider multiple perspectives to make informed decisions (PEBS -DM)
|Decision-Making/Problem-Solving Indicators –Students will:
- D.1. identify and make choices from alternatives based upon awareness of consequences.
- D.2. demonstrate alternatives to the use of drugs, alcohol, and tobacco; students will describe alternative ways of coping with stressful situations.
- D.3.demonstrate the power of peer pressure upon the choices a person makes; students will demonstrate appropriate refusal skills to pressures from peers.
- D.4. cultivate an awareness of personal, societal, and family values and their impact on the decision-making process.
- BM A.1. demonstrate an understanding of the purpose of behavior.
- BM A.2. become responsible for behavioral choices through identification and acceptance of the consequences of their actions.
- BM A.3. demonstrate positive behavior interactions.
- BM A.4. encourage each other concerning behavioral improvements.
- BM A.5. identify support resources available to them for problems.
- B-SS 1. Use effective oral and written communication skills and listening skills (PEBS-GC)
- B-SS 6. Use effective collaboration and cooperation skills (PEBS-GC)
- B-SS 7. Use leadership and teamwork skills to work effectively in diverse teams (PEBS-GC)
|Group Cooperation Indicators -Students will:
- E.1. give and accept validating statements
- E.2. demonstrate group support for a concern or problem
- E.3. name behaviors that may help or hinder group effort
- E.4. demonstrate effective listening skills
- B-LS 3. Use time-management, organizational and study skills (Academic)
- B-LS 4. Apply self-motivation and self direction to learning (Academic)
- B-LS 8. Actively engage in challenging Coursework (Academic)
- B-SMS 6. Demonstrate ability to overcome barriers to learning (PEBS-Academic)
|Academic Indicators -Studentswill:
- F.1. identify and express personal learning needs,
- F.2. gain appreciation of individual learning styles and abilities,
- F.3. assess abilities and skills,
- F.4. be aware of ways their academic performance is determined by their choices,
- F.5. demonstrate responsibility for the group and project outcomes, and
- F.6. demonstrate an understanding of attitudes and behavior necessary for successful work experience
- B-LS 10. Participate in enrichment and extracurricular activities (Academic/Career)
- M 4. Understanding that postsecondary education and life-long learning are necessary for long-term career success (Career)
- M 5. Belief in using abilities to their fullest to achieve high-quality results and outcomes (Career)
- M 6. Positive attitude toward work and learning (Career)
|Career Indicators -:Students will:
- G.1. understand career/employment possibilities.
- G.2. know where and how to find additional information about careers/employment.
- G.3. describe the necessity and value of all types of careers/employment